Enhance your teaching practice with competency development courses
The new year is fast approaching and perhaps you would like to learn more about or develop your teaching practice in the coming semester? The CED offers a wide range of courses and workshops for teaching staff at AU, and in this article, you can delve into the spring course catalogue.
The CED’s courses and workshops are aimed at both newly appointed and experienced teaching staff. In addition, we have courses with on-campus attendance and courses with online participation as well as faculty-specific courses for all five faculties. Our course and workshop offers are constantly being extended and updated.
Digital tools can contribute to making teaching more varied and student-activating. Therefore, the CED offers a wide range of workshops aimed at making you more familiar with how to suitably incorporate digital solutions in your teaching.
Upcoming CED courses
- Introduction to Teaching and Learning (6 January to 13 January)
- International co-teaching – Integrating Virtual Exchange into the University Classroom (9 January to 19 January)
- Brightspace Basic – Get off to a good start (9, 19, 23, or 31 January)
- New ways of thinking about feedback for student learning (10 January)
- AARHUS BSS: Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD Supervision for Associate Professors and Professors (12 January to 27 April)
- Using portfolio in your teaching (13 January)
- ARTS: Doctoral supervision for Doctoral Supervisors (16 January to 27 April)
- Brightspace course for student teachers (17 or 30 January)
- Create interactive content with H5P (17 January)
- NAT and TECH: Science Teaching (17 January to 8 June)
- HEALTH: Qualitative Analysis in a Phenomenological study (2 February to 31 March)
- ARTS: Introduction to University Teaching for PhD Students (7 February to 7 March)
- Create interactive content with H5P (21 February)
- AARHUS BSS: Teaching technique for PhD students (22 February to 28 March)
- Developing digital curricula and competencies (23 February)
- HEALTH: PhD Supervision for Supervisors (23 February to 22 March)
- Using portfolio in your teaching (24 February)
- Innovation and entrepreneurship in higher education (27 February to 22 May)
- Designing peer feedback activities using digital tools (28 February)
- Facilitating Academic Dialogues – A tool to strengthen your students' learning (9 March or 10 March)
- Quizzes and automated feedback in Brightspace (14 March)
- HEALTH: The Reflective Teacher (1 May to1 June)
- Designing peer feedback activities using digital tools (9 May)
- AARHUS BSS: Online and blended learning (9 May to 15 June)
- Quizzes and automated feedback in Brightspace (11 May)
- ARTS: Conference Presentations – Preparation and Delivery (16 May to 14 June)
- HEALTH: Research Presenter (25 May to 8 June)
- NAT and TECH: Foundational course in PhD supervision (31 May to 1 June)
October (a sneak peek into the autumn semester)
- Educational leadership – for academic staff with responsibility for coordinating and developing programmes and teaching (26 October to 30 November)
- HEALTH: The PhD student as supervisor for undergraduate students – how and when? (30 October to 6 December)
- Teaching@AU (self-paced online course)
- Supervision across disciplines: collective academic supervision (self-paced online course)
Personal consultancy and collaboration
If you would like to participate in some of the spring courses, you can register now. Explore the course catalogue and plan your spring semester with our website.
Are you looking for specific themes not found in the catalogue, or do you have any questions? Do not hesitate to contact us. We offer personal consultancy on pedagogy and didactics and collaborate with teaching teams that want tailored solutions.